I’ve been so wildly busy the past few weeks that all I’ve been hoping for is a nice staycation in a nice hotel. Just this weekend, I finally had the best “excuse” to push through with my much-needed staycation because my mother and my brother (who are both based outside of Cagayan de Oro City) were in town. I wanted to treat them as much as I wanted to treat myself as well so I decided to zero in on Limketkai Luxe Hotel, CDO’s tallest hotel building and offered pretty much the most expensive room rates so far.
I was extra confident, though, because I was armed with Traveloka! Traveloka is an app that allows you to book hotels and flights and get really good discounted rates. I found out about this app through fellow avid travelers and so far, they say the app hasn’t disappointed them. Now, for me who’s a frequent traveler and who loves promos and discounts, Traveloka is a godsend.
Let me tell you about our Limketkai Luxe Hotel stay first, though. Since there were 3 of us, I booked a twin superior room with extra bed.
The room already had 2 single beds. My brother used the extra bed and he said he liked it. Unlike many hotels that just place foams on the floor, their extra bed was comfortable and had a sturdy base. I think my brother also liked the fact that the extra bed was placed beside the glass window. He had a view! (our room was at the 9th floor and had a nice view of the Macajalar Bay)
I liked that our room had a carpeted floor. It also had a work area complete with a swivel chair, spacious table and lamp. Since it was technically a staycation, I tried so hard not to work and just focus on the huge flat screen TV with cable channels. We watched a few Australian Open matches and then tuned in on EVE.
Since our room had a small fridge and since there was a 7-11 convenience store downstairs, we brought drinks, cup noodles and lots of chichirya! Those pretty much fueled us until the wee hours of the night.
The bathroom had a rainshowerhead, spacious sink and toiletries. The sink area also had a beauty mirror (yup, ladies, good news for those of us who need to wear makeup!)
I liked the bed and the pillows. I had a restful sleep. I also like the fact that I could control the temperature in the room.
Our staycation at Limketkai Luxe Hotel was nice. Just what I needed – time away from work and time for myself. With luxurious amenities. Without necessarily breaking the bank!
Want a staycation at CDO’s most expensive hotel as well? Just use the Traveloka app to get a discounted rate!
Here’s how to use the Traveloka app and get amazing discounts:
1. Download the Traveloka app (it’s available in iOS and Android). On the dashboard, you can find 6 choices: Flights, Hotels, International Flights, International Hotels, Price Alerts, and Ongoing Promos.
2. Tap “Hotels.” Key in your destination, check-in date, duration, numbers of guests and number of rooms. Tap “Search.” You will then be given lots of options!
3. Choose a hotel and the preferred room. Then, the Traveloka app will ask for your contact details or special requests.
4. Once you’re on the payment page, you have various choices. You can pay via credit/debit card, over-the-counter (7-11 or MLhuillier) or via bank transfer (BPI, BDO, Chinabank, Landbank, Metrobank). After paying for your room, a hotel voucher will be issued, a copy of which will also be emailed to you.
5. When you check-in, just show the voucher and bring IDs. It’s that easy!
I saved nearly Php 1,500, with the help of Traveloka. Pretty impressive, don’t you think so? So what’re you waiting for? Download the app today and enjoy discounted flights and hotel rates!
Tagged with: budget hotel cdo, cdo hotels, discount hotel app, discount hotels cdo, how to save on hotels, limketkai luxe hotel cdo, traveloka, traveloka app